Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy New Home {Housewarming Card}

  When was the last time you were at a good, old fashioned housewarming? People don't throw housewarming parties very much anymore. I suppose it's because of the business of our lives these days.

  I remember when I was about 7 or 8 years old, my parents built a new house in the small town we lived in & we had recently moved in. My parents had some friends over for coffee & were visiting in the living room. My brother & I were ready for bed, already in our pyjamas, when the doorbell rang. I answered the door & to my utter astonishment, there, on the porch, were a string of people, their arms loaded down with bags of groceries. In they came, bringing with them enough groceries to stock our cupboards & fridge for days! A true housewarming!

  That was my first housewarming experience & probably one I'll never forget.






  In these days of never-ending business, let us never forget the things that are truly important - building relationships. A housewarming is a wonderful way to show God's love for a new neighbour. Even if it's as simple as making some cookies or muffins, attaching a card, & going across the street to introduce yourself. It will definitely bring a smile to your friends & neighbour's faces & hopefully start (or strengthen) a wonderful friendship.

Products used for this card:
Pre-made card - My Mind's Eye
Cardstock - American Crafts
Font - American Typewriter
Puffy House - KI Memories


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! The card is just precious and the sentiment behind it is even sweeter.

    -Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! The card is precious and the sentiment behind it is even sweeter!

    -Amberly! www.bingobuttercupcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable and a wonderful way to use up scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips