Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sheet Music Fall Wreath

Funny story: I actually made the base for this wreath back in June with absolutely no intention of using it for fall. I simply wanted to make a sheet music wreath. After I rolled the sheet music & glued it all together, I wasn't super pleased with the middle area. It looked unfinished. So, I set it aside, waiting for an idea to spruce up the centre.



There it sat, in my craft room, all summer. Only this weekend did I get inspired with an idea. It was easy too!



I cut a circle out of corrugated cardboard & hot glued it on.

Then, I hot glued on the clothes pins. 

And this is my favourite part: I clipped in the paper leaves (from Dollar Tree) & the letters which I cut out with my Cricut. The great thing is, after fall, I can switch out the leaves & "Happy Fall" for something more seasonal or something totally different!



It now has a proud home on my living room. I really like how it looks with the plum walls.


Yay! I'm excited that I was able to come up with a solution for something I wasn't sure would pan out.

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



This project was featured on:

Featured on CRESCENDOh.com

9 comments:

  1. What a clever solution! I have like three projects not fully finished just hanging around waiting for that inspirational spark!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful!!!


    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie and trish @ UncommonFriday, September 28, 2012

    This is beautiful!!! Love it! thank you so much for sharing at our Uncommonly Yours link party! Featuring this over on our FB page today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula-Riverton HousewivesWednesday, October 03, 2012

    We loved this wreath so much we featured it! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/10/riverton-housewives-round-up-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when great ideas pop up in my head...usually in the middle of the night and I can't fall asleep...I'm glad you didn't give up on your vision...:) Thank you for sharing with us...xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Plus, I love how the sheet-music wreath looks between your lyre sconces!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips