Since discovering Pinterest, I've come across a whole new world of delicious looking recipes. This week, I've decided to put some of those yummy looking dishes onto my meal plan. I told myself to stop dreaming of cooking & baking those fabulous recipes & start DOING it! I love to try new recipes. Love, love, LOVE! But I have stipulations for the recipes I pick.
- I have to know what all the ingredients are. Or at least be able to easily find out what they are. See, I'm willing to learn new things.
- The ingredients have to be easy to find. I don't want to have to run into 5 stores to do my shopping.
- They have to be somewhat easy to make. I don't do incredibly detailed recipes.
- They have to be ready in 1 hour tops! (Excluding crock pot recipes, of course.) I have a few exceptions to this rule, but they're pretty few & far between. I start cooking supper between 4:00 - 4:30 p.m. & we eat between 5:00 - 5:30.
So, when I look at a recipe with those conditions in mind, I can easily decide whether to make it or not.
As I said, this week I turned to Pinterest for inspiration. Wanna see what made my list? Here's my plan:
1) Hamburger soup (a recipe from one of my cookbooks) with Red Lobster biscuits
3) Mini Frittatas & salad
4) Lemon Chicken Breasts with roasted potatoes & salad
5) Bean & sausage soup (my own recipe) with homemade Crescent Rolls
6) Pizza (cuz a girl's gotta have one night off, right? *wink*)
7) Lentil Tacos
8) Greek Pasta Salad (my mom's recipe - I'll post it soon.)
Goodies / Extras for the lunch box, snacks, or desserts:
Best Ever Blueberry Muffins (a favourite recipe I've been making for years)
That's my plan & we'll see if I stick to it! ;) Most weeks I do, but there's the odd one that I veer from the path that I've laid out. I'll be sure to let you know how the recipes turn out. I usually divide new recipes into a few different categories:
- Make again
- Make often
- Don't bother making again
You should see my cookbooks. Full of notes, they are.
"So & so liked this one".
"Blah. Don't bother with this one again."
The favourite note that still makes me smile is on a soup recipe that my mom made when I still lived at home. It says, "This soup ROCKS MY WORLD!" Truly. I still make it & it's a family favourite. :)
Have you tried any recipes you've found on Pinterest lately? What were they? How did they turn out - would you make them again?
Enjoy your day!