Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spray Paint & the Frog

Do you remember this guy?


No? Then let me refresh your memory. :)



I purchased this ceramic golden toad on a thrifty adventure last fall

At first, my kids informed me that it was a poison dart frog, but after some more research, 
we discovered that an orange frog is actually called a golden toad. 
You needed to know that, right? ;)

I finally got around to giving this chap a few coats of black spray paint...


He now holds a place of honour in my kitchen with his pot scrubber at the ready. 


He sure adds a touch of whimsy to the kitchen. And a touch of nostalgia as well. 
I remember my mom having something similar next to the kitchen sink when I was a kid.
Good memories. :)

Another successful mini makeover!

Enjoy your day!


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, feel free to become a follower, 
subscribe by email, or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)




12 comments:

  1. My Mom had one of those in Yellow with orange spots... Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
    He looks so much trendier in black! :D
    Elysia @ http://mischievouscrafts.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Steph!!!  Way better all in Black!!!  Great job!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!  Visiting from Two Yellow Birds.  What a difference a coat of spray paint makes!  It looks great :) 

    Im your newest follower.  Would love a follow back if you like my site too :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2yellowbirdsdecorThursday, April 26, 2012

    He is so cute!!! I love how he holds the scrubber! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom still has her green frog next to her sink :) I'm a new linky follower :D Please check out my blog at http://addhousewife.com we're having a UnFinished Object link party 

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Steph! If i had a frog to paint, I'd paint him too! You should call him 'La Grenouille'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its amazing what spray paint can do. Love Mr. Frog. Thank you for your sweet comment love. Have a super week. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw this I had to laugh! I have a green froggy that I bought at a yard sale last fall sitting beside my sink. When I get tired of my green frog, I think I will try your idea to give him new life. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the makeover of the frog, I think it looks good in black. Its perfect for the kitchen as a pot scrubber holder. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday.  I hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute Steph and actually, a great little makeover!
    Thanks for linking up - so happy you did!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay spray paint! I love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Steph!

    I have a frog, too but mine is just green. I bought it at a rummage sale after my husband said that we needed to have one beside the sink. Now I'm thinking it might need a makeover!

    Is that bottle your soap or dish soap dispenser? Fancy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips