Monday, April 23, 2012

Chickpea Salad

  Welcome to a new week! Are you ready to take it on? I am. We had a beautiful, productive weekend around our house. Everyone had a to-do list to knock off on Saturday & we just about finished everything on the lists. I think I was a bit too ambitious with mine & put on a few too many things, but that's okay. I'll just finish next weekend. 

  The weather was beautiful & the kids enjoyed lots of time outside. We got in some family time outside too. 

  My 8-year-old son even learned to vacuum this weekend! Can I hear a WHOOT, WHOOT?! I'm *hoping* that my vacuuming days are now few & far between. 

  The warm(ing) weather has me pulling out my barbecue & salad recipes... Time to enjoy the sun! 



  This is a great make-ahead recipe... it's even better after it's been marinating for a few hours!

Chickpea Salad
makes 8 servings


2 cans of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 bottle green olives, drained
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup cherry tomatoes

Mix all salad ingredients. Set aside.

dressing:


1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Whisk all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

So easy & delicious!

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day!



This recipe was featured at:




4 comments:

  1. This is Very interesting,beneficial and the educational process for those people who wants to learn about salad and religious food. Thank you Very much for sharing this one that is Chickpea Salad.
    http://holy-food.org/peanut-apple-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love chick peas!  I so cannot get enough, so was happy to see this recipe that I will be trying out.  I wish I could take that bowl right off the screen and eat it.  My fingers are crossed that you will share this great recipe at Sunday's Best tomorrow night!  www.my1929charmer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are training your son right!  ;)  Your recipe sounds great!  I really like roasted chick peas so I know that I would like this too!!! Thanks for sharing.. I am sharing on facebook and pinterest! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am featuring this at the PPW wrap up!!! Thanks again for linking it up!!! xoxo- Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips