Monday, April 09, 2012

Raspberry Lemon Loaf

Well, hello again, friends! I hope you had a happy Easter. We had a great, but very busy, Easter season. My husband & I were both involved in our church's Easter production. After four performances over the Easter weekend, we saw a larger attendance than ever before & many people who prayed the prayer of salvation. 
It certainly was worth all the time & work!

~~~~~

The coming of Spring always introduces a desire for lighter, fruitier flavours in my baking & cooking. 
Does it for you too?
Lemon is a huge flavour favourite for me. I love to mix it with other flavours as well.

I still have some frozen raspberries from last summer... we had LOTS since our next door neighbour didn't want any of the raspberries from her huge berry patch!
I'm trying to use those frozen fruits left over from last summer to make room for this year's crops. 
This was a great recipe to do just that. 


Raspberry Lemon Loaf
makes 1 loaf

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup lemon-flavoured yogurt (low fat works too, if you want to cut down on your calories!)
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries


Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray & set aside.

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, eggs, & lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture & stir just until moistened. Gently fold in raspberries.

Pour batter into prepared pan & bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean. (If you used frozen berries, expect to have to bake it about 10 minutes longer, because the frozen berries make the batter cold.) Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan & let cool completely before slicing.





Happy Spring!


Thanks for reading,


Check out the great parties I link up to!

This recipe was featured on:


homework Tuesday To Do FEatured Country Momma Cooks One Chatty Chic

19 comments:

  1. Oooh this loaf looks wonderful! I love lemon loaves and made one yesterday! I love the lemon/raspberry combination, I'll have to add raspberries next time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. I love when you dig into a muffin or loaf and get a berry. I will have to try the low fat version of this :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! Looks delish. I didn't know that you could still get lemon flavoured yogurt! What brand do you get? We used to buy Astro's lemon yogurt, but I thought they stopped carrying it. Anyway, I will definitely be trying this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, this recipe sounds so good. :o) Smiles, Paula
    http://paulaparrish.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this.  It looks so good, I'm happy I found your wonderful blog I'm now following on GFC and Linky, I would love it if you came to visit  me and share this and any other things you would like to share at my party. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/search?updated-max=2012-04-08T19:30:00-07:00&max-results=7
    Thanks
    Rose 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish @ UncommonTuesday, April 10, 2012

    This looks incredible!  I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful turnout for your Easter production!  Thanks for sharing with us this week!

    Take care, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful loaf of yummy bread.  Stunning photos too.
     
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this bread looks fantastic! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday 
    http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-2.html.  I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! this looks luscious!! I know I would love this combo!!! Thanks so much for sharing! xoxo- Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. two favorite fruits, looks delish                      andi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph that looks so good! I actually have some frozen raspberries so I might try this for the kid's lunches...its back to school for us on Monday!

    Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  12. carolyn - homeworkSaturday, April 14, 2012

    Just to let you know - your wonderful project was featured
    on homework. Come on over and a grab a button. As always, thank you so much for
    linking up your project. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look delicious!  I followed you over from Chef-in-Training and would like to invite you to share this, and
    any other posts, on my link party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com.
     Have a great weekend.



     


    Hugs,


    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my kind of bread! I just noticed your chai loaf, I better give that one a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party at the Blackberry Vine!  You are one of this week's List Makers!  Feel free to stop by and grab a button...can't wait to see what you'll share this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know we loved this! featured it tonight! Stop by and grab a button! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are being featured @CountryMommaCooks link party:)  Stop by and grab a button and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Constance GammeterFriday, April 27, 2012

    Good morning Ladies: I baked this last night, it's amazing, and it's easy.  I used the Greek yogurt so it's not too sweet.  My boyfriend came out of the bedroom because of the smell, and just would not wait for it to cool to have a piece..... he loves it. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips