Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Boy's Room Makeover (Part 3): The Window Valance

Part Three! 

I'm excited & thrilled with how my son's bedroom makeover is coming along!





This week, I followed this tutorial & tried my hand at sewing a window valance for Parker's room.




I found some fabulous orange fabric at a sweet quilting shop here in Saskatoon.

The orange matches Parker's newly made-over dresser too! (Yes, I planned it that way.) :)




I haven't done a whole lot of sewing in my lifetime, so I was a bit nervous to do a window treatment.

But, I figured if I could sew a straight line, I could do it. At least that's what I kept telling myself!


I have to say that I even impressed myself with how this turned out!


My makeover to-do list:
  • Create artwork
  • Paint dresser
  • Paint walls/trim
  • Update window treatment
  • Bulletin board
  • Paint chalkboard on section of one wall
  • Update bedding

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips