Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hanji Card Set

  This fall, I've had a very unique opportunity. A friend of mine who just recently moved to South Korea with her little family asked me if I would make a few sets of cards for her sisters-in-law & her mom for Christmas. She asked me if she could send me some handmade paper (called Hanji) from where she lives & requested that I made her mom's card set with these beautiful papers. I was ecstatic to say the least. When I received the tube of papers in the mail, they took my breath away. Whoever made these works of art is exactly that - an artist. If you look closely, you can see real leaves, blades of grass, & flower petals in some of them. The asian writing on the blue is another favourite. 


  I couldn't wait to start creating with them. But alas, I had other orders that came first. Finally, I was able to work with these papers last weekend. I used lots of earthy tones with touches of blues & rich pinks. Hanji is thin but surprisingly sturdy. It takes some doing to rip it. When you do rip it, it has a beautiful edge as you can see in some of the photos. I kept those edges on purpose. I think they add to the appeal.

  Here are my creations:












  I am loving the end result. I hope you do too. 

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. myfavoritethings2011Wednesday, November 23, 2011

    Great job! I always admire people who can make cards as I have zero creativity in that arena! They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I appreciate awesome cards as I make them as well and know just how much work goes into them!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips