Today I have a chili recipe that uses ground turkey or perhaps you could even use shredded leftover Christmas turkey! It's something a bit different from the common beef chili. And this is chock full of veggies too! Very healthy but amazingly good!
Turkey & Black Bean Chili
makes 6 servings
1 pound skinless ground turkey
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup diced carrots
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
Dried pasta of your choice
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Chopped green onion
1) Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray. Add ground turkey & cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Break up any large chunks.
2) Add onions, garlic, green pepper, & carrots. Cook & stir for 4-5 minutes, until veggies have softened.
3) Stir in tomato sauce, salsa, beans, chili powder, cumin, & oregano. Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat & simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
5) Serve chili over pasta & serve with optional toppings.
The perfect meal for a cold, winter night.
I hope you're keeping warm & enjoying your Christmas season.
Enjoy your day!