Back in November, I compiled a list of Christmas crafts I would like to try. Well, I am happy to tell you that I was able try my hand at all four. One, however, was a flop for me & so I am left with the remaining three. This is the final project... talk about leaving it to the last minute!
Thankfully, these glittery pinecones are more of a wintery craft so I will likely keep them out into January & February.
(If you're interested in the other crafts I did this Christmas season, check out the Spool Tree Ornaments & Toilet Roll Treat Packets I posted about. The wrapped candy canes I tried were a bust for me. I couldn't get them to look right. Bummer.)
If you would like to make some of these, here's what you need:
- spray paint (I used white & silver)
- white glue that dries clear
- glitter (I used 'crystal')
1) Spray your pinecones very lightly with even, sweeping strokes. Let dry. Turn over & paint the other side. Let dry. I purposefully didn't want mine totally painted. I wanted a bit of natural showing through.
|I did a batch of white & a batch of silver, although it's hard to tell the difference in this photo.|
2) Once the paint has dried, make a puddle of white glue on a piece of cardboard or something you don't mind getting glue on. I used whatever I could find in our recycling bin.
3) One at a time, roll the pinecone in the glue, getting a bit on the tips.
4) Shake some glitter over the glue spots. Let dry.
You can also roll the glued pinecone in a 'puddle' of glitter. I poured, then when I had quite a bit sitting on my cardboard, I rolled to use some of it up.
I did steps 3 & 4 on each pinecone so that the glue didn't have a chance to dry before I got to them. If you're only doing a small amount, you could glue them all & then glitter them all.
5) After they've dried, use them however you would like in your decor. I'm considering making a pinecone wreath for next Christmas!
Little tip: I found this idea on Pinterest & had one of those "why-didn't-I-think-of-that" moments.
Use a cardboard roll as a vase filler!
|via Dandelions & Dust Bunnies|
So, hidden in amongst the pinecones is a cardboard roll. :)
My last craft project for the year. Exhale. :)
Enjoy your day!