Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pretty Christmas Packages

  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go... The city workers were busily putting up the street Christmas decorations yesterday. Just seeing them go up & knowing that Christmas is getting ever closer makes me so happy.

  My Christmas shopping is getting closer & closer to being done. With me bringing gifts into our home, I'm coming up with hiding places for them as well as imagining pretty & creative ways of wrapping them. Wrapping gifts is seriously one of my favourite parts of Christmas. As usual, I've found lots of inspiring ideas on Pinterest. (A blogger's best friend!) :)

  Here are some of my favourites.

  I've found lots of packages wrapped in sheet music with touches of other elements added in. Silver or solid coloured paper with pinecones, ornaments, & hand made flowers add the beautiful details that make a gift so attractive. (All gift images via Pinterest. Specifically, these are collected in my Christmastime Is Here board)

  This grouping of brown paper packages has me humming "My Favourite Things"! I love all the different ways you can personalize brown packing paper! I especially thought the idea of sewing a gift into paper cut in festive shapes (3rd photo in) was super creative. 

  Lace doilies are easily found in thrift stores usually by the bag full. What a great way to upcycle them - on a pretty package wrapped with ribbon!

  And once your package is wrapped, don't forget about the tags! You can make you own, buy them, or there are many, many free printable ones you can download & print off at home. There are so many cute graphics out there. You can find anything to suit your colours or taste. (These printable images are collected in my Fonts & Printables board.)


   Are you feeling inspired? I sure am!! I am itching to put on a Christmas movie (maybe White Christmas or Holiday Inn - I love a good musical!) & wrap presents to my heart's content. 

 I'm curious. Do you wrap your gifts as you buy them? Or do you wait until the last minute & wrap them all on Christmas Eve? Do you wrap them & hide them or put them under the tree? 

  Every family is different. I enjoy hearing about the differences in people's traditions. Even the seemingly unnoticed traditions like wrapping gifts as you go or staying up late on Christmas Eve wrapping them so that your kids will think they're from Santa on Christmas morning. 

  Ooooo! Christmastime is here!

Enjoy your day!
Linkin' Up:


3 comments:

  1. Ooooo you got me even more excited for Christmas now. Here at the shop Christmas starts to arrive shortly after Haloween. At home is pretty much the same. We wrap our gifts and then put them under the tree. And sometimes save those "special" ones and bring them out Christmas morning! You know, those ones that your kids are wise to and know you got for them but you are trying to fool them into thinking you didn't by not putting them under the tree. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love all the gift wrapping. I wrap the presents and hide them. I am so tempted to wrap them really nice.  I am usually rushing and don't have time to think about special gift wrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very late to visit and to say thank you for linking up to my Pinning and Singing party-I am so sorry! I have been a bit pre-occupied with my 12 Days of Christmas series on my Christmas blog! Thanks again for linking up and sharing these great pins!

    Best Christmas wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips