Thursday, May 30, 2013

Repurposing with Spray Paint


Earlier this spring, as soon as it was nice enough outside on a weekend, I gathered a bunch of my spray paint & thrifty items, as well as some things I had shopped from around my house.

Out I went & set up my driveway as Spray Painting Central!



Here's what happened that day...



My vintage kitchen canisters got a fresh coat of vintage green.


This previously beat up picture frame got a coat of turquoise...


And now houses a beloved Disney photo from last year's summer vacation.


A friend of mine gave me this ceramic head along with a few others. I spray painted this one grey...


And it's now a bookend on our bookshelf!


This little napkin holder was previously green, but now it's trendy grey!


This wicker balls were a neutral wood, but I brightened them up with some cheery yellow...


They are now brightening up the bookshelf in our basement's family room. 



This thrifty tray was previously spray painted blue, but it wasn't quite the shade of blue I had wanted. After I found the turquoise blue I wanted in the States in March (they have way more color selection for some reason!), this tray got a new coat...


I use it as a display for my earring collection.


I also spray painted a thrifty picture frame, but I'm still working on the rest of that project & will show you as soon as it's completed!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my transformations! I love seeing what a little spray paint can do!

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!




5 comments:

  1. Great Idea ! Canisters look so simple & cute..

    http://myhobbycorner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You don't mess around! Got it all done at once. So smart. Everything looks great. My favorite....the canisters! Amazing!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how beautiful those canisters are...paint is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects Steph! Spray paint is too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please tell me what color and brand spray paint you used for the vintage green canisters? thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips