Friday, May 10, 2013

Insta-Friday #16

Welcome to my week in photos!

I think I say this every week, but it's been an exciting, fun week. You know, keeping track of my life on Instagram makes me really appreciate the small things in life. Even the seemingly meaningless errands & chores take on a new meaning when you can see a bit of beauty in them.


Last friday was spent doing doing some thrifting & errands with my friend, Sarah. I was on the hunt for some fabric to sew a window valance for my son's bedroom makeover. We discovered a fabulous quilting shop & I found the perfect fabric!


While we were out thrifting, we each found a large treasure! I found the blue trunk & she the great chair. We think a hotel was redecorating & got rid of a bunch of these chairs. It was in fabulous condition!


We also enjoyed seeing the cheery flowers at the Home Depot even though it's still a bit early here to be planting. Give it another week or two & we'll be good to go!


On Saturday, my husband, daughter, & I went garage saling for a bit. This pink elephant sadly was not for sale. :(



But this little lovely was... I didn't buy it. Still kicking myself... 


From the city to the country it was a beautiful weekend. We made a little trek out into the country to pick up our son from a birthday party. We even saw a muskrat swimming in that ditch!


When we got home, we surprised Parker with the golf clubs we had found at the huge community garage sale we hit that morning. 

We spent the rest of the day doing yard cleanup as a family & the kids honed their golfing skills. They're pros already, I'm telling you. ;)


We also had our first ice cream (frozen soy product for me!) cones of the season!


I love it when the days get longer. Seeing a bit of light on the horizon at 10:00 p.m. is pretty awesome!


On Wednesday, it was Audrey's birthday (7 already?!) & guess what? She got her ears pierced! She was so excited & brave!


Wednesday night was also super fun because we rocked out at a Toby Mac concert! So loud & so fun!



Thursday I got out with my friend, Laura, to do some walking. It's great to get outside again after the crazy long winter we've had. The green leaves & flowers of spring are coming!

And that was our exciting week!

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!




1 comment:

  1. Love that fabric! and yes the light is so awesome at the end of the day! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips