Friday, April 12, 2013

Insta Friday #10, #11, & #12

***WARNING: This is a very photo-heavy post. Proceed at your own risk.***

In the business of the last few weeks, blogging has mostly fallen by the way side for me. 

I'm looking froward to getting back to a more regular schedule. I've been working on some recipes & projects this week so I'll have some brand new stuff to share with you next week!

Because blogging has taken a back seat, my weekly update - Insta Friday - has also not taken place, although I'm still posting on Instagram when inspiration hits.

Let the epic update begin...

Week 10:

My husband, James, & I started the weekend off with a bang - date night at our fav Mexican joint here in Toon Town, La Bamba. I drank an apple pop in honour of our last trip to Mexico when I was introduced to apple pop. It's yummy!


After supper, we perused a favourite home decor store - Urban Barn.




This photo was taken 3 weeks ago. My son & husband standing on the snowbank next to our garage... and yes, that is the roof of the garage that my husband's arm is resting on. The snowbanks are sadly not much smaller yet.


Exciting news for me! My cell phone carrier decided I deserved an upgrade! I'm now the proud owner of an iPhone. Coolio.



Ice cream with the family to celebrate my son, Parker's, acting debut! He had a small part in a play that our church family put on. He did great!



Week 11:

My husband & I, along with two friends of ours, went on a little weekend jaunt to Bismarck, ND to do some spring shopping.


(Can you hear the angels singing?)



Have you eaten at a Famous Dave's? It was amazing! Best ribs I've ever had! I guess that's why it's famous.... hmmm.... ;)



Don't you just want one of these toilet seats for your master bathroom??? (Sarcasm intended.)



On Easter Sunday, we saw this little fellow hopping around near our hotel. The Easter bunny!


Ya, I'd say we did well on the shopping front...


My first Five Guys Burgers & Fries experience too. Good food. Saskatoon is getting one soon, to which we said, "Yay!"


Have you ever gone to the store for milk & donuts, but can't find any bait? I hate it when that happens. Problem solved!

These stores cracked us up. Sadly, this is the only one I remembered to take a photo of. If Canada has these crazy concoction stores, I certainly don't know about them.


These are the crafty goodies I found in our shopping fun. Special thanks to Hobby Lobby, Target, & TJ Maxx for stocking some great merchandise (and fabulous prices don't hurt either!).


I used a few of my new products to make some birthday cards...


These pretty kitchen things now have a new home in my kitchen. 


Week 12:

Family night at the bowling alley! We took the kids 10-pin bowling for the first time. Lots of fun was had by all.


I hit Michael's early this week to find some washi tape for a project & found it all on sale! (I had looked for washi tape in ND, but didn't find any.)


I also spent some time doing some healthy breakfast prep early in the week. I've enjoyed having these sweeties make an appearance in my breakfasts for a past few days.


Have you read this book? If you are a thrifter, garage saler, or enjoy second hand sales or flea markets, you will love it! So chalk full of inspiration!

I'm even more excited for garage sale season now!


Remember that thing called Spring? It still hasn't arrived here in Saskatoon. We're trying to be patient. In the meantime, my son is making ice swords from the icicles that have fallen off the roof.


Happy mail day! Some pretty stamps & paper to play with this weekend!


Speaking of which... Some girly baby cards were produced with some of the above products.


Another snowy day on Thursday... Wherefore art thou, Spring?


And speaking of Thursday, Parker & Audrey both did well during the last quarter at school. Audrey was especially excited to win her first three "big-kid" awards! 


Remember the washi tape you saw in my basket at Michaels?

This is what I did with some of it... bookmarks for a very special friend's baby shower.
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."


If you made it to the end & are still awake - CONGRATULATIONS!

I hope you had a wonderful week too & I hope it's warmer where you live. Truly.

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!




1 comment:

  1. I saw Urban Barn and knew you must be Canadian! Me too:) Thanks for hopping over to The Happy Housie earlier!
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips