Monday, December 19, 2011

Nutcracker Suite

    Please tell me, do you have any special Christmas collections? Maybe snow globes, cookie cutters, or trees?

  I've been collecting nutcrackers for about 20 years now. Ever since my mom took me to the Nutcracker ballet when I was a teenager. That year, I bought my first nutcracker & it has carried on ever since.

  It's a special collection that I bring out only at Christmas time. Usually, I set it up on the top of my antique upright piano.


The grandfather, Clara with her nutcracker, & the Mouse King from the original Nutcracker story








My favourite nutcrackers are the knights (one of them is on the photo on the left) & Robin Hood (right). 






Since we bought a small white tree for our family room this year, I've included my nutcracker ornaments on it. I love how the colours pop off of the white!








  I hope this last week before Christmas is special for you as well as productive. 

Enjoy your Monday!
Click Here to see the great link parties I'm linkin' up to!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful collection!   We collect the annual Swarovski crystal snowflake ornaments.  My grandma bought us our first one in 2003 when we got married just before Christmas, and this year we purchased our ninth!  They're all so beautiful to look at, but the kids especially enjoy when the sun shines through them and the room fills up with tiny little rainbows.  :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips