Monday, January 14, 2013

Cheater's Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie


For the past few weeks, I've been wanting to make a coconut cream pie. Having never made one (from scratch or otherwise) I wasn't sure what all went into making one. In my ignorance, I grabbed a few things at the grocery store that I thought would work to make one. Then I went on a search for a recipe. 

I think I did things backwards. 

I couldn't find a recipe that worked with the ingredients that I had. 

So, um... I made one up.

It turned out really good & my family loved it!




Here's what I started out with:



Cheater's Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie
makes 1 pie

1 Pie crust
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened and divided in two 
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
2 cups milk, divided in two
1 cup coconut, divided in two
4 cups whipped topping, divided

Here's what I did:
Bake pie crust according to package directions. Cool.

Mix chocolate pudding mix with 1 cup milk until well combined. Add half of the package of cream cheese & mix well. Add 1/2 cup coconut. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Mix well. Pour into cooled pie shell.

Repeat process with vanilla pudding. Carefully spread vanilla mixture over chocolate mixture. Top with the remaining whipped topping. 

Let set in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.

You're done!




Cut a few slices & share with your friends & family.

It's a perfect pie to make when you're short for time.



YUM!


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!




8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I think if I made that, i would eat the whole thing before anyone was home......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. .Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you. Here's the link for it if you would like to check it out.

    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html Lenetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good... oh my gosh. Thanks for sharing this at the weekly creative! I just need to convince someone to make me one now :)


    Have a great week!
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes wingin it really works out! Found you at trick or treat link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH!!! I HAVE to make this! It looks sooooo good! I am definitely Pinning this! THANK YOU!

    I found you through the Creative Inspirations Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featuring this today at the weekly creative:
    http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-weekly-creative-17.html

    Have a great week!
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only cheating I see here is my diet!! Looks DELISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on One Artsy mamas top 10. I really want to make this. My husband will love it! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips