Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ideas For An End-of-Summer BBQ

  The end of summer is almost here. It's sad, but true. To send summer out with a bang, why not throw an end of summer or Labour Day party? We plan to.

  Here's some ideas that are inspiring me to make our party just a bit more festive.

Don't you just love the look of bunting? I don't know what it is, but it's just so darned cute! I'm thinking of whipping some up with some colourful handkerchiefs from the dollar store.

Source

Continuing with the handkerchief theme, I might make a table runner to match. :) 

Source

And use them as napkins with the cutlery in mason jars. The mason jars can also be used as glasses. 

Source

Adding some mason jars with brightly coloured flowers would be pretty. 

Source

And because our meal is a pot luck, I'm thinking of making some of these so people can label what they brought.

I'm all inspired to party now! How are you ending your summer?

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day,


2 comments:

  1. As you are saying goodbye to summer it is just around the corner for us! I might just borrow some of your ideas for a welcome to Spring party instead! Thanks for sharing them.


    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love all those ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips