Friday, September 02, 2011

Yummiest Meat Sauce Recipe / Back to School Printables Link

  It's starting to feel more & more like fall these days. The weather has cooled off, school started this week, I put some fall decorations out yesterday, & I've started cooking more "cool weather" meals again.

  With that in mind, today I'm posting my Mom's recipe for the yummiest Meat Sauce I've ever tasted. I may be slightly biased since almost everyone thinks their Mom's cooking is best. That's okay. It's true. ;)

Yummiest Meat Sauce
serve with pasta or in lasagne


1 lb. ground beef or italian sausage
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp. basil
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 - 1 lb. can diced tomatoes
2 - 6 oz. cans tomato paste


Brown meat slowly; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

 So easy & so tasty!

  I also wanted to share some free back to school printables I got from howdoesshe.com. How cute are these? My son, Parker, has loved having these fun notes, jokes, & tags in his lunch bag.



Are things feeling like fall to you? I'd love to hear about them. Go ahead & leave a comment!

I'm also linking up toTatertots & Jello for their weekend wrap up party. Check it out.

Enjoy your day!
~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips