Friday, September 23, 2011

Pinspiration

  As I told you last week, I have joined Pinterest. What a wealth of inspiration it's been! There are so many decorating ideas, crafts, recipes, fashion trends... the list is endless. 

  Here are several of my favourite finds. I will break them into categories so they (hopefully) don't overwhelm. I hope you enjoy & are inspired by these images. (Disclaimer: I do not own these images. I will link back to the source provided on Pinterest.)

Ideas for the home:


I love this plate arrangement on the wall as well as the amazing turquoise the piano has been painted. I don't think I would have the courage to paint my old friend (my piano), but I might if I came across one thats wood was in bad shape. The thing is, I don't NEED a piano. But that colour would be pretty somewhere else, perhaps? 
See? Pinterest = inspiration! 

Classy Clutter

Okay, I love pretty much everything about this kitchen. The turquoise ceiling, the awesome backsplash, the very cool hardware on the cabinets, & the fact that the cabinets go all the way up to the ceiling. 
This one is staying in my "dream home" file. 

Canadian House & Home



I am IN LOVE with the colour combo grey & yellow. 
Southern Living

I'm thinking I may try this yellow stripe in my basement bathroom. 
houzz

Desire to Inspire


Craft ideas:

Look at this lovely wreath made of old book pages. Thrift shops are full of cheap 2nd hand books!
Brassy Apple

Wood letters covered in old maps. You could even use maps you brought home from a trip. 
Pinterest

House number pumpkins. Such a great idea!

Cookie Recipes 
(a.k.a. get out a napkin 
because you're going to start drooling):

Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Diary Of Dave's Wife

Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies... are you kidding me?!
Scrambled Henfruit

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Flickr


Makeover Goodness:

Adorable painted school desk
Brown Paper Packages


Union Jack Packing Palett Table
Tres Chere


Pink bedside tables - how cute!
Natty By Design

I even have a whole folder (on Pinterest it's called a "Board") of just Owls. 
Cuz you know I love me some Owls:

I think I may have to attempt these Christmas tree owls
Juicy Bits

AMAZING owl cake
Cake Wrecks

A Pumpkin owl is perfect at this time of year
Sara's Party Perfect


 Well, does that get your mojo flowing? These are just the tip of the Pinterest iceburg! I'm pumped & ready to do something to make our home a nicer place. This weekend, we're tackling the painting of our main floor hallway & back entry. What's on your to do list? 

Enjoy your weekend!

Linkiin' up with: Two Things In Common

6 comments:

  1. REally Cool Stephanie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE the wreath! I want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I LOVE the owls!!!! that pumpkin's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Pinspirations!  :)  I have been eying that piano since I joined Pinterest!  Thanks for linking-up!  Have a great week!  Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips