Thursday, November 21, 2013

Five Days of Handmade Christmas Cards - Day Four: Twine!

Welcome to day four of...

Five Days of Handmade Christmas Cards!



For those of you who are just joining me, you can find day one, two, & three HERE, HERE, & HERE.

Today I'm showing you a simple way to use twine on your handmade cards.




Do you ever finish making a card & sit back, thinking, "It needs something else"? 
Often, that elusive "something else" is a bit of texture or something that adds dimension. 
Ribbons, buttons, gems, & twine can all add that little finishing touch.

For this card, I finished everything & simply wrapped the twine around the card a couple of times before tying it into a knot. 

Simple & easy! (You know me - that's my motto!)



Products used:

Cardstock - Michael's
Patterned Paper - Echo Park
Happy Holidays greeting - Echo Park
Scallop punch - Stampin' Up!
Ribbon - My Mind's Eye
Twine - bought at Walmart 


Thanks for joining me these past few days. Tomorrow we finish the week off talking about using felt accents on your Christmas cards. I hope you'll join me!

~~~~~

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy Your Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips