Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thrifty Yellow Chalkboard





Several weeks ago, I shared with you the day I gathered all my spray painting projects & got them all done at once. 




I didn't quite finish this project that day because I wanted to paint the inside with some chalkboard paint. Well, I've finished it at last & given it a place of honour in our front entry. 




The frame was from a trip to the thrifty earlier this spring. It started out being ugly brown faux wood. 
I think it's actually plastic. 



A few coats of yellow spray paint - Krylon Bright Idea - and painting glass with chalkboard paint & it has a new lease on life! 


I also tried my hand at a little chalkboard art/doodle. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! 





What are some of the summer projects you're working on?

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!


1 comment:

  1. Verona Hildebrand BueckertWednesday, July 24, 2013

    Love what you do with spray paint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips