Friday, May 04, 2012

Home Tour (Part 7) : The Family Room

  Wow, it's been several months since I shared the next instalment in my Home Tour. It's about time I showed you another room! 

  I must admit to you that the reason I haven't showed you this room is because I'm not in love with some of the furniture. We are hoping to be able to replace some of it soon, but for now it is what it is. 

  So here's the family room as of last week...

  Sorry about the bad lighting. This room is hard to photograph since it's in our basement & there's no natural light.



Here's what this room looked like when we bought the house. 
Pretty much a blank, boring, & somewhat dirty slate.

(And look how little my daughter is! That was almost 5 years ago now...)



 
  So, as you can see, we ripped up the old, dirty carpet & laid laminate flooring. We painted the walls & trim (No more periwinkle door!) and we updated the lighting.





My Ikea Expedit Bookshelf which I love!

Here are my ideas of how to spruce up the space while we wait for some new furniture:





And because we all enjoy before & after shots...

Ta-da!



So, be sure to come back next week for the art project I'm working on for this room.


Here's a little sneak peek:

Haha! Can you guess what it is?? :)

Have a great weekend! See you next week!



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing before and after projects. Always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips