Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Cleaning 2012

Have you begun your spring cleaning? I've done a few of the tasks on my list, but have lots left to do! 

In addition to my regular cleaning, here's my list:

Update: After talking to some friends of mine, it has come to my attention that you may think I do this whole list every year. While I strive to do my very best, alas, I don't complete this list every spring... ever! :) It is simply a guideline & something to work towards. Don't let it stress you out. :)





General:

  • Disinfect all doorknobs, light switches and power outlets.
  • Spot clean walls and touch up paint where needed.
  • Vacuum and Wipe down all baseboards with a damp rag. Touch up paint where needed.
  • Vacuum and wipe down all doors/door frames with a damp rag. Touch up paint where needed. 
  • Dust and wipe all air vents.
  • Windows: remove plastic. Clean glass, casing and sills.
  • Pull out washer and dryer. Vacuum and wipe underneath, behind and all surfaces.
  • Clean walls & ceilings of spiderwebs.
  • Wash all floors.
  • Wash / dust off house plants.
  • Wash throw rugs.
  • Clean blinds.
  • Couches: vacuum underneath & under cushions.
  • Empty filing cabinet, sort into keep/toss.
  • Clean light fixtures.


Bathrooms:

  • Bathroom cabinets/drawers. Pull everything out; wipe down inside of cabinet.
  • Wash shower curtains.
  • Wash bath mat.
  • Clean light fixture.
  • Clean & seal grout.

Kitchen:
  • Kitchen cabinets/drawers. Pull everything out; wipe down inside of cabinets.
  • Clean cabinet fronts & top of cabinets.
  • Pull out fridge & stove, vacuum and mop behind and underneath.
  • Defrost the deep freezer. Toss any expired food.
  • Clean oven & stove top, removing knobs & cleaning thoroughly.
  • Clean small appliances: toaster, microwave, coffee maker, & Kitchen Aid


Bedrooms:

  • Wash ALL bedding, blankets, pillows, & bedskirts.
  • Wash curtains.
  • Vacuum under beds & dressers.
  • Go through closets. Put away winter clothes & coats, setting aside any items to donate. Bring out spring & summer wear!
  • Call charity to book donation pick-up.

Outside:
  • Wash windows & doors.
  • Clean patio furniture.
  • Deep clean BBQ.
  • Clean out garage.

Check out my Spring Has Sprung and Good To Know Pinterest boards 
for a whole lot more Spring Cleaning lists & tips.



Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this list! I will use this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips