Friday, February 17, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad

Let's see a show of hands... Who likes Greek salad? 

Me!

Another show of hands... Who likes pasta salad?

Me! (Again.)

Last one... Who likes them mixed together?

Definitely me!

A little history...

When I was a teenager (many moons ago), my parents tried a salad like this at a deli & it was delicious! My mom, being the great cook that she is, decided to see if she could replicate it. She did, to our delight, with great success! So, thank you to my mom, for passing this recipe on to me when I got married & learned to cook. :) 
And now, I pass it on to you to enjoy.


Greek Pasta Salad
serves 6-8

1 small package tri-coloured pasta spirals (about 3 cups dry)

1 small container (about a cup) solid feta cheese (or crumbles, if you prefer)
1 small container (about a cup) whole Kalamata olives (or sliced & pitted if you prefer)
1 package grape tomatoes
1 cucumber, sliced
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped

Dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 Tbsp. dried
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. garlic powder

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain & rinse in cool water. Set aside to cool completely.

In a large salad bowl, combine the cheese, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, & bell pepper.

Mix together all dressing ingredients.


Add the cooled pasta & dressing to the veggies, cheese, & olives. Toss to mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

  This Greek Pasta Salad a perfect, easy supper dish - especially because it's served cold. You can also (as I do, sometimes) add a skewer of Greek souvlaki to "beef it up" a bit. Summer or winter - I make this all year round!



Enjoy your day!
Check out the great parties I link up to!

7 comments:

  1. Andrea Johnson0707Friday, February 17, 2012

    Mm! I made a version of this several times last summer. You have inspired me to make it again! It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea Johnson0707Friday, February 17, 2012

    Okay, so I did make this today after all. It was amazing!! Thanks for posting it! And there's enough for us to enjoy more tomorrow. Yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke @ Spruce Your NestMonday, February 20, 2012

    Looks great!  Pinned it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, I have feta in the fridge most of the time and will pretty much eat anything with feta in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had Greek salad but it sounds so good!  Great job! Thanks for showing off at my place!  Will you do me a favor and add my button in the future so I can feature you? :)
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmmmmy!! This looks SO good! I wish I had some right now :)

    Thank you so much for linking up last week! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this last week, and I'm making it again tonight for lunches for the week. It is delicious, great recipe! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips