Friday, November 09, 2012

Chocolate Chip Candy Cookies

  
  Do you still have Halloween candy kickin' around? Ya, we do too. :) This week, with permission from our kids, I harvested all the boxes of Smarties (similar to original M&M's for you Americans) they had & made cookies with them. Our kids were pretty excited to help out & be able to contribute one of the yummy ingredients! 

  I promise you'll like these chewy, gooey, chocolatey cookies!



Chocolate Chip Candy Cookies
makes 2 dozen

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Smarties or M&M's

Preheat oven to 350º F.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter & sugars until fluffy & light in color. Add egg & vanilla & blend in.

Mix in dry ingredients & chocolate chips. Slowly stir in candies. 

Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just lightly browned. 

Let cool, on the sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.




Pour yourself a glass of milk & enjoy a couple. :)

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



and at:
Cookies 2012

This recipe featured on:

4 comments:

  1. Tumbleweed ContessaSunday, November 11, 2012

    These are the perfect idea for what to do with that candy. I think I can dig up some M&Ms. Glad I saw these at Barns and Noodles. I hope you will share these at my holiday cookie exchange: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/2012-cookie-exchange-cookies-and-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn @ SweetPepperRoseThursday, November 15, 2012

    Anything to do with M&Ms is find by me!! Yummy!
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look SO delicious! So glad I found your site via Winthrop Chronicles....I'll be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Featuring YOU today! Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/11/take-look-at-you-my-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips