Monday, June 25, 2012

Greek Potato Salad


  Hello friends! How was your weekend? Ours was wonderful! We were able to spend lots of time outdoors with family & friends. My mom-in-law is staying with us for a week, so it is nice to have her here to join us. 

  Is barbecue & picnic season in full swing in your house? It's going full-speed-ahead in ours! I love cooking outside at the grill, with a cold iced tea to sip on while I keep an eye on the cooking (or in some cases, burning) food.

  This is one of our favourite side dishes in the warm summer months. Potato salad is pretty all-American right? But this potato salad takes a bit of a different turn with the addition of some Greek ingredients. I'm sure you'll like it as much as we do. 

  I cannot take credit for this recipe. I first tasted it at a barbecue / potluck a few summers ago. A friend of ours brought this salad & it was a huge hit! I begged for the recipe & was so happy to make it myself when our friend graciously shared it with us.


Greek Potato Salad {Print recipe}
serves 6


salad:
3 cups cooked, peeled, cubed potatoes
8 cherry tomatoes
1/2 a green pepper, diced
1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
1/2 cup black olives (whatever kind you like. I use Kalamata olives.)

dressing:
1 cup mayonaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
a few shakes of black pepper
a pinch of crushed chili flakes

Mix together salad ingredients in a medium bowl.

Mix together dressing ingredients. Add to salad, mixing well. Garnish with olives, tomatoes, & a bit of crumbled feta cheese.

Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading / subscribing!

Keep enjoying barbecue & picnic season!



2 comments:

  1. Steph that looks really good!! Yumm!!


    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips