Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Boys Room Reveal!

The day is finally here! 

After giving myself the challenge of completing my son, Parker's, bedroom makeover by the end of May, bit by bit I got projects done & this past weekend we were able to put on the finishing touches. 

Let me show you around! Come on in!


This yellow-with-black-trim room was how it looked when we moved here 6 years ago. And wasn't my little guy cute when he was just 4? I just want to kiss those cheeks! (He's still cute, btw!)


When we moved here, we painted his room & replaced the flooring, but that's about it. 


For this makeover, we repainted the walls a light grey.



We added 2 long chalkboard decals to a portion of Parker's wall. He's sure having fun with it! Everyday there's a new work of art on display. This one is Superman swooping in to save the day. :)




I pulled up my socks last week & sewed this window valance for the window.

I still love this fabric!



Parker's loft bed takes up most of the room & just the way the room is situated, the only space we can place it is right in front of the window. 




In addition to the pops of orange in the room, we kept the pops of green that we had going on before. 






These bulletin boards are actually 3 cork placemats I found at HomeSense. I used the 3M Command Strips for picture hanging & they made it so easy!




The freshly painted orange dresser & the art work I made out of memorabilia from our trip to California last summer top things off.




I took a panorama with an app on my iPhone so you all could get a look at how the room flows.




My to-do list for this makeover is done & these are the results!



If you want to see more on some of the projects that made up this makeover, check out:


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips